1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
As most of you know by now, I'm a notorious rule-breaker, so here's the deal...I'll answer the questions, but I won't necessarily follow all the tagging rules. Gol Tess, you're not the boss of me! ;)
1. What were you doing five years ago?
Um, pretty much the same thing I'm doing right now.
2. What are five snacks you enjoy?
This is a tricky question with all of the digestive issues I've had lately...but here are my answers assuming I'm able to digest these things without repercussions:
- ice cream
- anything chocolate
- kettle chips
- milk duds
I'm posting this at night, so here's my to-do list for tomorrow:
- get out of bed
- prepare for an information session for next year's counseling class
- catch up on work that has been piling up since I got sick
- show up for several counseling sessions
- clean my livingroom/sick-room
I suspect that becoming a billionaire would destroy my life, but here's my best guesses at actions that might keep me out of hell:
- give a lot of it away to several non-profits like this one
- develop ministry-oriented communities like the one Danny is starting
- develop and support green initiatives
- live as simply as possible
- read a lot
- buying more books when I have stacks that I haven't read yet
- withdrawing when I'm overwhelmed
- eating things that have a good chance of making me miserable
- spending way too much time on-line
- I've lived in Minnesota my whole life, but I've moved about eight million times. I've lived in the worst neighborhoods and some very respectable neighborhoods, and if you want to know the truth, I prefer diverse, edgier areas. That's where I grew up, and that's where I feel most at home.
- business forms designer (before computers did this)
- program instructor for handicapped adults
Oh, I think you know who you are. Actually, whoever feels moved by this meme can consider themselves tagged.
I was tagged for a second meme by several people. James, Tammy and Nate asked me to list six random things about myself. Here goes...
- I started smoking in the first grade. My babysitter taught me how. Of course, when you're in the first grade, you only smoke other people's butts or cigarettes that you manage to steal here and there, so I guess I also started to steal in the first grade.
- My uncle was a member of the hell's outcasts motorcycle gang, so periodically during my formative years, we had several motorcycle thugs living with us. They were the gentlest people I ever knew, and were always willing to share their cigarettes.
- I had a color-blind art teacher in high school.
- I have two cocker spaniels who sometimes make my life a misery and other times make me deliriously happy.
- My husband's eighty-five year old mother lives with us. She still drives and has more of a social life than I do.
- As a part of my role on the board of a small non-profit ministry, I have been to Haiti more times than I can count. On the first of these trips, the house I was staying in burned to the ground. It changed my life.