Friday, July 30, 2010

mwen gen pwoblem (i have a problem)

Just quickly wanted to let you all know that the internet is something of a beast here at Providence House. I had to turn off the ability to view images on my web browser. This means that if you post pics on your blog or facebook, I can't see them. And if you have a word verification feature on your blog, I can't leave a comment. (I tried the option of listening for the word, but I think they were speaking french.) Bug. But I wanted to let you know that I'm waiting and waiting for your blogs to load everyday so that I can read them. It helps me to feel connected. I'm with you, even when it seems like I'm not.

9 comments:

  1. I think one of the wonders of the Internet is it helps remind us of the presence of the worldwide Church.

    We're with you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you over here, too (and loving your forays into the language, btw).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are able to stay connected to your life here. And, the rain yesterday? Bad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri,

    Download and install Opera as your browser. It has an accelerator function that compresses data so you can more quickly browse online content through narrow bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't forget to enable the turbo function once you install opera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey nate! thanks for the tip. there's no way i'll be able to download that here (kind of a catch 22...narrow bandwidth) but i'll try to do it the next time i get to the internet cafe in cayes.

    can you email me at terri.churchill@gmail.com? i don't have your email address anymore and i want to talk to you about something. thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete